DrugFAM's 15th Annual National Bereavement Conference
Grief caused by a loved one’s addiction can be overwhelming and isolating, but you’re not alone. DrugFAM offers the support, understanding, and community needed to heal and find hope again.
We are excited to invite you to our Annual National Bereavement Conference, a transformative event designed to provide solace, empowerment, and healing for those who have lost loved ones due to the harmful use of alcohol, drugs, or gambling. This in-person and online conference is a safe and nurturing space for sharing stories, connecting with others who have experienced similar struggles, and continuing on your path to healing.
- Date: Saturday 7th October 2023
- Time: 10:00am – 4:40pm
- Location: Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross, Beaconsfield, HP9 2XE
- In-Person Option: The £65 ticket includes beverages and snacks throughout the day and an excellent lunch
- Online Option: Attend via Zoom for £30
Concessions are available for those in financial hardship.
1. Keynote Speakers from the Heart of DrugFAM: Our team of compassionate experts, who are dedicated to helping families bereaved by their loved one’s harmful use of drugs, alcohol, or gambling, will lead the conference with enlightening and comforting insights. Their knowledge and experience will provide invaluable tools to navigate the healing process.
2. Real Stories from the Bereaved: Hear from people who have experienced the profound loss of a loved one to addiction. Their stories of resilience and strength will inspire you, reminding you that you are not alone on this challenging journey.
3. Expert Bereavement Counsellor: Specialized counsellor with deep experience in bereavement support will be available to offer guidance and coping strategies.
At DrugFAM, we believe that healing is a journey best taken together. Join us at the Annual National Bereavement Conference and take a step towards finding comfort, connection, and hope in the company of others who understand your pain. Together, we can honour the memory of our loved ones and build a brighter future for ourselves.
Details of all the speakers can be found in the Conference Program.
“I attended the Drugfam Bereavement Conference last year, soon after I lost my son. I didn’t know what to expect. When he died, I felt lost and didn’t know where to turn. Thank goodness I picked up the phone and reached out to Drugfam. I didn’t know what I needed or where to go with my grief and loss. After a reassuring conversation with Elizabeth, I attended the Bereavement Conference with my youngest son. I didn’t know if it was the right or wrong thing to do, but I thought I’d give it a go. I am so glad I did. Everyone was welcoming. Elizabeth sat my son and me on her table, and I felt so looked after. I also felt a real sense of union with the people there. Everyone was very sensitive and supportive. It felt like a very safe place. It was the first time I had been in a room full of people where I felt no one was judgemental, everyone understood, and I could be entirely honest about my son’s death. The content of the conference was both informative and interesting. The speakers shared some of their personal experiences, which were both insightful and helpful. Each speaker had something different to offer. The conference prompted me to read Peter’s book, and I am confident that this book has been instrumental in my road to recovery alongside my counselling sessions with Gill. Overall, I would say the conference was beautiful in the midst of the tragedy of losing my son.”
Liz, DrugFAM Client & Bereavement Conference Attendee, 2022
Here is the link to the hotel where our conference will be held: https://cp-gerrardscross.co.uk/.
Just in case you would like to stay at the hotel overnight, please contact The Crowne Plaza Hotel directly at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to help you stay on Friday 6th October or Saturday 7th October or both nights. The facilities at the hotel include a swimming pool, sauna, and spa, which you may like to take advantage of.
Alternatively, if you wish to stay overnight, we have compiled a list of hotels within a short distance of the Crowne Plaza Hotel. You may find some of these hotels offer accommodation at a lower price. Hotels in the area.
Let us come together, remember, and heal as a community.